Researchers from The George Institute for Global Health are establishing a reference group to guide health equity related research. The reference group presents a unique opportunity to address equity within research and consider advice to health system managers.
No prior research experience is required. The research team are looking for people:
- with an interest in health equity.
- with an understanding of, or experience with, the NSW health system.
- who have ideas on how to improve community engagement or heath service design.
- who have been a patient and/ or a carer in the NSW health system or have worked within the health system.
Participants may leave the group at any time.
Members of the reference group will be tasked with providing advice and guiding:
- Health system evaluation and research design.
- Approaches to broaden community voice in research and healthcare.
- Research intended for publication.
- Communication with NSW Ministry of Health and Local Health Districts
Meetings will be held up to 3 times a year and will run for 1 hour unless further time is agreed by the group beforehand. The meeting dates will be arranged to suit the needs of the reference group once it has formed.
Participants can attend meetings in a way that suits them (online, in-person, one-on-one or in a group setting) and will be remunerated for their time in the meetings.
To apply, please click here.