Information for Participants
Thank you for considering participating in Australian health and medical research.
By signing up to the Join Us register, you are making it easier for researchers to tackle some of the biggest health challenges, today and into the future.
Join Us participants will only receive email invitations with information about studies that may be relevant to them, based on answers provided at the time of registration. You will always have the option to decline to participate in a specific study and will not be connected to a researcher until you have agreed to participate in a study.
How will taking part help me and my community?
Your participation in the Join Us register could contribute to breakthroughs of potential benefit to you and people all around the world.
You could benefit from:
- Making a contribution to the health of the larger Australian community.
- Access to clinical trials investigating new treatments for conditions that may be relevant to you or your family.
- Letting your friends and relatives know about opportunities to take part in medical research.
What kind of research will I be invited to participate in?
There are many types of research that you may be invited to participate in through the Join Us register, such as:
- Clinical trials in which new treatments that have not been available before are tested;
- Studies where groups of people are followed up over time;
- Group discussions and interviews to gather more in-depth information about a particular health issue.
- Ongoing study and analysis of de-identified participant data.
What's involved in signing up?
Who can participate?
All adults (18 years and over) living in Australia can join.
We are seeking participants both with and without pre-existing health conditions.
What if I have more questions?
Please refer to our FAQ Page for answers to commonly asked questions about Join Us, including our matching process.
If you would like to contact us directly, please email [email protected].
How is personal data secured?
Your privacy is secured and protected. The privacy of personal data is an absolute priority for us. Your personal health information is not stored in the Join Us register and your contact details are not provided to anyone.