Information for participants
Thank you for considering participating in Australian health and medical research
By signing up to the Join Us register, you are making it easier for researchers to tackle some of the biggest health challenges, today and into the future.
What's involved in signing up?
It takes less than 15 minutes to sign up. All you need to provide is your first and last name, address, email address and/or phone number, date of birth, and (optional) Medicare number. With this information, we can check whether you are a match for active research studies and get back to you with an invitation to take part.
You will always have the option to decline to participate in a specific study and will not be connected to a researcher until you have agreed to participate in a study.
What kind of research will I participate in?
There are many types of research that you may participate in through the Join Us register, such as:
- Clinical trials in which new treatments that have not been available before are tested;
- Studies where groups of people are followed up over time;
- Group discussions and interviews to gather more in-depth information about a particular health issue.
- Ongoing study and analysis of de-identified participant data.
What’s in it for me?
Your participation in the Join Us register could contribute to breakthroughs of potential benefit to you and people all around the world. You could benefit from:
- Making a contribution to the health of the larger Australian community.
- Access to clinical trials investigating new treatments for conditions that may be relevant to you or your family.
- Letting your friends and relatives know about opportunities to take part in medical research.
Who is eligible to participate?
Participants can be healthy or have a health condition, including those who currently have or who have recovered from COVID-19.
How is personal data secured?
Your privacy is secured and protected. The privacy of personal data is an absolute priority for us. Your personal health information is not stored in the Join Us register and your contact details are not provided to anyone.